FRED connects and inspires those who exemplify and cultivate ethical, inclusive and transformational leadership.
FRED’s Foundational principles encourage and support leaders who:
- are committed to making themselves, their organizations and the world a better place
- embody a generosity of spirit focused on serving the common good
- identify and guide the next generation of leaders
- engage others with honesty and respect
- ground decisions and actions in objective truth
- are inveterate learners
- actively build bridges across contrasting points of view and interests
As civil society and leadership norms continue to be challenged at home and abroad, FRED Leadership, born in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, is a beacon for ethical, inclusive and transformational leadership. It is said that “This darkness is not a dead end; it is a hallway; keep going.” FRED Leadership envisions light at the end of the hallway, and the FRED community is determined to keep going.
The through line of every FRED Forum is that we are called to embody, and to encourage others to embrace, an ennobling vision of who we are, what we are, and how we are. FRED’s purpose is to stay focused on a guiding star, to be guided by a moral compass and to enroll and embrace a universe of like-minded colleagues. At the heart of the FRED community is a fire of passion that is balanced by a coolness of compassion, resilience and courage.
As FRED begins its second decade, the “powered by FRED” initiatives that ripple from each Forum extend the FRED community’s reach and further advance its goal of making the world a better place.
FRED Leadership’s mission is deep and abiding as it speaks to the why as well as the how, and the heart as well as the head, of leadership that is trustworthy, elevating and galvanizing.